Over on my Patreon I have released a Playtest Set for The Other World Game which includes the draft versions of three of the drafted nine times.
Imagine, if you will, a world where Aztec Basketball/Soccer, Roman Gladiatorial combat, and Soccer Hooliganism crashed hard into a world of Classic Fantasy Species… where winning the game is often as much about bludgeoning your opponents (or the Referee) into a pulp as it is about being able to pass the ball accurately.
That is The Other World Game.
In the Playtest Set
- Draft Rules
- A set of Tactics Cards you need to use with your Team
- A set of Referee Cards you will randomly draw to determine if the Referees actually care what happened on the field (often they don’t to be honest)
- A card to be the Ball
- A set of 12 Players + 8 Special Tactics for the Elves
- A set of 12 Players + 8 Special Tactics for the Ogres
- A set of 12 Players + 8 Special Tactics for the Skeletons
What extra you need…
- 2 6-sided dice
- Some table space
- An appreciation for cartoon violence
- Scissors to cut out the cards from the A4 or US Letter paper you’d be using to print them
For now I want feedback as answers to the following questions:
- Do any of the parts of the game feel like they have ‘funny corners’ or ‘don’t fit’ or are ‘oddly clunky’?
- Are there parts of the game that feel good, that feel fun?
- Do you enjoy playing it? Are there parts you don’t enjoy?
- Is there something you wish had more explanation?
- Is there something you wish had rules with stiffer boundaries?
I'd love to keep you up to date with the things I'm doing here. If you want that too, then subscribe through this form.