Over on my Patreon I have released a Playtest Set for The Other World Game which includes the draft versions of three of the drafted nine times.
Imagine, if you will, a world where Aztec Basketball/Soccer, Roman Gladiatorial combat, and Soccer Hooliganism crashed hard into a world of Classic Fantasy Species… where winning the game is often as much about bludgeoning your opponents (or the Referee) into a pulp as it is about being able to pass the ball accurately.
That is The Other World Game.
In the Playtest Set
- Draft Rules
- A set of Tactics Cards you need to use with your Team
- A set of Referee Cards you will randomly draw to determine if the Referees actually care what happened on the field (often they don’t to be honest)
- A card to be the Ball
- A set of 12 Players + 8 Special Tactics for the Elves
- A set of 12 Players + 8 Special Tactics for the Ogres
- A set of 12 Players + 8 Special Tactics for the Skeletons
What extra you need…
- 2 6-sided dice
- Some table space
- An appreciation for cartoon violence
- Scissors to cut out the cards from the A4 or US Letter paper you’d be using to print them
For now I want feedback as answers to the following questions:
- Do any of the parts of the game feel like they have ‘funny corners’ or ‘don’t fit’ or are ‘oddly clunky’?
- Are there parts of the game that feel good, that feel fun?
- Do you enjoy playing it? Are there parts you don’t enjoy?
- Is there something you wish had more explanation?
- Is there something you wish had rules with stiffer boundaries?